Use of The PlayStation4 (PS4) game system is available for walk in bookings.
- Book the PS4 by visiting a Service Desk. At this time we cannot take bookings over the phone or by email.
What you need
- A FREE library membership! Don't have one? You can sign up at either Service Desk.
- For an organization or club, the booking must specify the organization name and purpose and a contact person with an active library membership who will be responsible for the booking.
- The PS4 is available from 10am-7:45pm Tuesday to Friday and 10am to 4:45pm Saturday to Monday.
- Maximum of 2 hours daily per person or group depending on availability. Groups may not book multiple sessions under different names to extend the daily booking allowance past 2 hours.
- Maximum of 1 booking per day per person or group.
- The PS4 will be unavailable during Exam Cram or scheduled Library programs/events.
- Bookings made solely on a first come, first serve basis. No wait list available.
- PS4 use follows the guidelines of the Canadian Natural Teen Area: The Canadian Natural Teen Area is the designated chatty zones for teens (13-18) from 3-close on weekdays and all day on weekends. While the YA collection is available for browsing, we do recommend adults lounge and study in other areas of the library during this time.
When you get here
- The PS4 must be occupied for the entire length of the reservation. Leaving the Canadian Natural Teen Area unattended more than 15 minutes will forfeit the reservation. Staff will remove game controllers and cancel the remainder of the booking.
- Notify staff in person of early departure.
- The second floor of the library is a designated study zone. Please enter and exit the Teen Rooms quietly.
- Playstation games rated G/E/Teen are acceptable – no Mature audience or Adult games will be permitted.
- Games used in the PS4 must be property of the library – no personally owned games will be permitted.