The MIP Go Pass provides WBRL members (aged 11 years and older) the opportunity to explore all MacDonald Island Park has to offer. Discover fun things to see and do, free of charge!
There are six passes available for community members to borrow. MIP Go Passes offer one-week access to MacDonald Island Park facility and can be used by the whole family or as an individual.
How to Get Access to the MIP Go Pass
To borrow an MIP Go Pass, you must be a Wood Buffalo resident aged 11 years or older with a valid WBRL card.
Using your library card, place a hold on the MIP Go Pass in WBRL's online catalogue.
Only one hold request for a MIP Go Pass is allowed per library card at a time.
You can check to see your position on the wait list from your WBRL account. Once your hold is available, you will receive notification that the MIP Go Pass is available for pick up. Sign up for email notices to ensure you don't miss your hold.
Picking Up Your Pass
When you receive notification your pass is ready for pick up, visit the WBRL Service Desk. WBRL will check it out to you and it will become valid for use. You can start using it that day! The pass will automatically expire one week from the date it's checked out.
We recommend that you pick up your pass on the first day of the loan. If you can’t pick up your pass on the first day, don’t worry, it will remain on hold for seven days.
For more information about the MIP Go Pass program, contact MacDonald Island Park at 780-791-0070 or online.
Using Your Pass
The pass expires one week after the date of check out.
How many times you visit MIP during your pass loan period is up to you. Some participants visit as much as possible to try out new or interesting activities.
- The first time you visit, present the MIP Go Pass and checkout receipt at the MIP Guest Services desk along with one piece of identification (e.g. Your WBRL library card, valid driver’s license or school ID). The Guest Services representative will register you as a member of MIP and provide you with a membership card to use for the week.
- Upon activation, the pass must include a current checkout receipt, or it will be considered expired.
- Lost passes or checkout receipts cannot be reissued.
- Each time you visit, present your membership card at the Guest Services desk and a Guest Services representative will provide a wristband for access to the facility.
- Once the one-week is pass is expired, please return your expired pass to Wood Buffalo Regional Library.
- Each time you visit MacDonald Island Park, the library card holder must be present for the pass to be valid.
- Wood Buffalo residents may borrow the pass only once per 2 calendar months for a total of 6 check outs per calendar year.
Each pass may be redeemed by the following groups:
- A mix of up to two adults (aged 18+) and as many children aged 18 and younger who reside in the same household.
- Up to four youth aged 14-18 years old.
Please Note: The above limits indicate the maximum number of adults, youth and/or children allowed per group. You do not have to have the maximum number of people in your party in order to use the pass. All users under the age of 18 must have a user account and have a waiver signed by a legal guardian.
Conditions of Pass Use:
- For general admission only, unless otherwise specified.
- The pass grants the same access as a purchased MIP Day Pass.
- Passes cannot be combined with any special offers or used for special events, programs, school tours, group visits, memberships, etc., unless otherwise specified.
- The pass does not include access to special events or performances.
- Passes have no cash value, are non-transferable and cannot be sold.
- Guests must follow all facility rules and regulations, and assuming all risks and dangers (howsoever caused) incidental to the use of the facility, including but not limited to the risk of personal injury or mortality and lost, stolen or damaged property.
- Pass-holders must be present for the pass to be valid.
- Before your visit, please call the facility or go to macdonaldisland.ca for schedules and information.
- Conditions and venue availability may be subject to change without notice and other conditions or restrictions may apply.
The Wood Buffalo Regional Library has six passes available for loan.
The initiative is being reviewed on an ongoing basis so we can continue to identify ways to improve the program and ensure that as many Wood Buffalo residents are able to participate as possible.
We recognize that the program’s popularity may result in longer than anticipated wait lists. Thank you for your patience.
Questions and Comments
We welcome your feedback about the MIP Go Pass program. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIP Go Pass Program: In collaboration with Suncor Energy Foundation, Regional Recreation Corporation and Wood Buffalo Regional Library, this program is an opportunity for community members to check-out a one-week pass to MacDonald Island Park using their library card. Increasing access to health and wellness activities by providing admission to Suncor Community Leisure Centre amenities at no cost.